South Carolina Home Educators Association Application
Statement of Purpose:
South Carolina Home Educators Association is organized to provide service and support to home educating parents, accountability groups and support groups within the state of South Carolina . While general membership is open to all home schooling families, SCHEA does promote a Christian world-view. Service and support offered include the following:
If you would like to join us in supporting home schooling in SC, please complete the appropriate membership form and mail it to the SCHEA office or join us online below. Membership is valid until the end of the 12th month after the application form is received. SCHEA is a statewide support group. SCHEA is not an accountability organization as defined by state home school law.
- Providing accurate information regarding the state and national laws, as well as pending legislation and court cases, which may have an impact on home education.
- Educating the general public and government officials about the benefits of home education and the constitutional right of parents to educate their children in order to protect the future of home education in South Carolina.
- Aiding the creation and growth of local home education support groups throughout the state.
- Providing information and training to home educating parents, accountability groups and support groups through conventions, workshops, seminars, lectures and/or newsletters.
- Reviewing and disseminating home education materials and information concerning home education seminars, workshops and related events.
Individual Membership Application
If you are a member of a SCHEA-member group (see support group and accountability group lists to find out if your group is a SCHEA member group) fill out this application and give it and your $15.00 fee to your group leadership for mailing to the SCHEA office.
I want to support SC home schooling and join as an individual member for a full year: 1 Year: $25.00 or $15 if a member of a SCHEA member group.
Make checks payable to: SCHEA, Mail to: PO Box 2707, Irmo, SC 29063-2707
The Small Print!
*Individual membership valid until the end of the 12th month after the application form is received. SCHEA is a statewide support group. SCHEA is not an accountability organization as defined by state home school law. Membership benefits offered by organizations other than SCHEA are subject to the granting organizations polices and may be altered or even eliminated by those organizations at their discretion. Changes and/or new benefits will be listed in the SCHEA newsletter or web page as appropriate.